A Few Of My Favorite Things

 


Welcome to my little neck of the woods in bloggerland.  Before I list my favorite things, I like all of us have a backstory.  I love a good backstory.  

I married my childhood sweetheart way back in 1985.  We met at church when we were about 13 years old.  Started dating at 17, married at 22.  I’d like to say we bring out the best in each other.  Eight long years later the Lord gave us our much awaited for miracle baby.  Off we went into the happiest days of our lives.  We homeschooled for all of the school years from age to year 12.  Then our daughter had the opportunity to purchase her own business at the age of 18.  So I switched hats and helped her for the last 12 years build her business.  This past year has been a big change in my life.  I lost my mom, my daughter decided to close her business and now I’m doing exactly what I’ve longed for.  I’m home.  Figuring out what this new stage of life will bring to me.  So, now that you have my backstory…on with my post. 

I love spending time in my Bible every morning as I finish my first cup of coffee or tea.  I enjoy all things DIY.  I love a new challenge.  I love to learn new things, learn new and simpler ways to do things. Reading, knitting keeping my hands busy is a really good thing for me.  Old recipes using basic ingredients the kind my mom and grandmothers would make.  Lately, I’m digging my heels into the world of sourdough baking.  I guess to sum it all up I really am an old fashioned girl who enjoys a quiet simple life.  

My hopes for my blog, to share a little bit of my life as fun or as boring that it may be.  Welcome to my blog!

Comments

  1. Welcome back, Joyce!! This certainly takes me back to the old blogging days, except back then we were cheering each other on through the teen years. Now many of us are trying to figure out this empty nest season and whether or not it's ok to have some downtime :) I'm so glad to be reading about your life and days and I hope we can form a sweet community through blogging once again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment