A Little Friday Show and Tell

I’m not really a baker of sweets, cookies, pies and cakes make me tired lol.  But I love making bread, scones and muffins.  What’s the difference, I’m not really sure but it’s becoming my new passion.  It’s not such a bad thing because I share everything with my daughter so I can really bake things for the joy of it.  These last couple weeks I’ve been experimenting with different breads.




One thing I’ve learned about sourdough baking is, it’s a slow process.  When you want to make a loaf, it really takes about a day and a half to two days to complete the task.  I will say for me it’s quite therapeutic.  As my hubby keeps asking “are you baking that bread yet?” Usually my answer is “tomorrow”. I promise though it’s well worth the wait and I just need to figure a good schedule that works for me.   

This was my first attempt at a sourdough pizza crust.  It was different but we liked it.  I’m going to make it again tonight.

Sandwich bread that turned out SO good, well, you can tell by the faces of my family that I’m on the right track. This recipe makes 2 really nice loaves one for us and one to share.

This was my first artisan attempt, the crust was hard and crunchy as so delicious!  I think this was my personal fav because I love hard crunchy bread with soup and we have now entered the season of soup with chilly days and colder nights. 

Sourdough baking can be a bit of an investment, I have a few things on my wishlist because I really want to explore the all the pretty things you can do to artisan loaves.  I love bringing old world skills to my kitchen.  Currently working on a couple different recipes for rolls for our family Thanksgiving this year.  Falling in love with my home and creating homemade yumminess is my favorite part of my week.

Thanks for joining me for a sneak peek into my kitchen.
Happy Weekend!

 

Comments

  1. That bread looks so yummy! Something I splurged on, to make my baking even more enjoyable, is printed baking/parchment paper and some twine. I bought it on Amazon and even if I'm not wrapping the item for someone else, I use it when I'm baking and it just makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, that is such a great idea!!! I didn’t know that was a thing :) thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment