Goodbye To Our Old Door




 This sweet old door that has kept this house safe for more than 100 years has now been replaced.  We have wanted to replace this old door for years, don’t get me wrong we love the paned glass.  A few of the pains are still original.  What I miss most about it is the view out my living room.  With our two front windows and through that door we have watched many stunning sunsets.  It’s where I discovered that the old oak trees that line our street have faces.  Did you know Oak trees have faces? Well ours do.  I was sitting right in front of it one day years ago.  I looked across the trees and there they were.  Silent friends towering way above us.  

This past week we put in a new, more modern door that will keep us warmer (we used to hang a quilt across our door on the especially cold days and nights). I chose the color because I like red. (our new one is green) 

I always pictured our home with a bright red door so I painted all three of our exterior doors red.  You can easily spot our home for deliveries.  We kept it, it’s now retired until we can find a new place to put it if at all but we couldn’t part with it.  

I’ll share our new beauty in another post I’m sure but I wanted to give a little respect to this old wooden friend that has kept us safe all these years.  Is it weird that we were sad to see it go or that we realized just how attached we were as she came down.  

Just a little peak into our home this week.  Wishing you a wonderful day!!!

~Joyce Maree

Comments

  1. I totally get your attachment to that door! I love it! I actually love doors. I used to have several pictures in my blog collection of random doors from traveling here and there. You could prop it up in the yard and add some pretty potted flowers around it. I bet your green one is pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment